Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Aunt Debbie

Today is my Aunt Debbie's birthday. She and my cousins have the most complete James Bond movie collection that I know about and she's been quilt crazy for as long as I remember -- or at least since any earlier memories have her with hippy hair to her waist. :)   Anyway, this post is for her.


And...did you know there was a super villain named "Crazy Quilt?"
"Crazy Quilt", an obscure D.C comics villain who ran around in a patchwork patterned tunic and tights which he accesorized with a jaunty scarf. "Crazy Quilt" referred to himself as the "King of Color Crimes"and he could shoot light rays out of a special hat. Sadly, he didn't last long. Crazy Quilt may not have been too successful as a comic book character but given what we're seeing today with the works of Newport, Kijima and Claytor, perhaps he was just a bit ahead of his time. - http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/snippets/issue3/comic_quilt (do read this page)
And...for comics as quilts.....and the value of grandmas (which my aunt is getting the hang of).... take a look at  Ryan Clayton's Graduate Thesis Exhibition which he's graciously posted online.
http://www.elephanteater.com/news_pages/2007/113007p.html

http://www.elephanteater.com/news_pages/2007/113007q.html

Happy Birthday, Aunt Debbie.





4 comments:

Nancy Brown said...

VERY SWEET and very complete!! Loved it.

sydney said...

I hope she saw it. She had so many FB posts that mine may have got buried.

tiffp said...

How have I only just now discovered your blog????????????????

Debbie said...

Okay, so we are just now learning how to post on blog sites. I know, I know...big learning curve here. I had a bad experience once. :(
Anyway, thank you so much Syd for this post. It really made my day. Your blog is now on my Google Reader so I can keep up with you (figuratively speaking, of course) as you speed around on your bike. Love you lots and lots!!