Saturday, November 06, 2010

Joules CX a good time

My friend Michelle's team, Women's Free State Cycling Team put on a race today. The course was a long one, and bumpy, but fun all the same. Pinky and I won the women's 1/2/3 and Sheclismo chicas Kat Shiffler and Sara Nispel took 2nd and 5th in the women's cat 4.  There was a good field of women 4 and masters women.  The women 1/2/3 was small, only 6 or 7 of us. Probably should have toughened up and did a masters race, but even though the course was only, how did Michelle put it, mildly technical, there were a few spots where errors and fatigue could you get you pretty well, and I just wasn't up to it.  The days and months of disciplined training and racing are on the horizon and I'm going to just enjoy this CX thing through Jingle CX.   My son, Nick, says its a good start towards learning how to just relax.  :D


No comments: