Thursday, September 09, 2010

Let CX begin

Will I make this turn & can that dude be caught?
So...we have a local CX training series going on for the first time since I've been riding and I'm digging it. There's something about pinning on a number that helps me care enough to drive my body on up to race pace.

I've been thinking I've become a little wimpy, opting for pretty high cadence instead of driving the pedals with more force, so I opted for some single-speed action last night. I know, I know, I've said, "You want one gear? Then just don't shift." But, I didn't want to give myself a chance to lose my resolve once I entered the pain cave.

Forty-five minutes later, feeling pukey, but satisfied, I'd got all the muscular workout at a threshold heart rate I could've stood. In fact, had to hit the anti-inflammatory pills when I got home. The right shoulder is still not quite ready for this kind of hammering, but it did OK. I still can't lift through the barriers, but I'm thinking a couple more weeks ought to cure that.

First CX Race 2006 Fall KS
Same bike 2010 NE

4 comments:

KAT said...

Well done at the Master Worlds and Welcome back to the X races - glad you seem to be recovering well - sure nice to see you back on the X-bike.

Neve_r_est said...

Amen.

sydney said...

Thanks! It's great to finally feel like I'm coming back. One thing about a nearly 8-week break, I'm sure excited to wind it up for CX.

Wendy - Shorts said...

Good stuff! I continue to enjoy reading these posts