Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Wasn't so Tulsa Tough



... Sometimes you're the Louisville slugger baby
Sometimes you're the ball
Sometimes it all comes together baby
Sometimes you're going to lose it all ...

-- Dire Straits, "The Bug"


Tulsa Tough was a wash for me. Just couldn't get body and mind all together and the few times I did start to feel it come on, BAM, here camethe bat in the form of carbon clattering across the pavement. But, I'm done moping.


Taking care of non-bike related stress to clear the mind, which means I've begun to sleep again. I'm sure that will make a big difference. Sleep deficits and fatigue are performance killers.


Also, my legs are finally healing up from the mechanical bull riding episode*** and the new bruises from Tulsa ought to clear up fast. 

This weekend, I'm off to Norfolk, NE to enjoy a local event with great courses and then it's off to Nature Valley. 



***(If you didn't already hear about that, I rode one several times and damaged those adductors, I think they're called, on the inside of my legs. Damaged them so much they were swollen to the extent of touching when I just stood there. What a dingbat. (It was really fun though. If I got a do over, I'd still ride it, but only once or twice.))

1 comment:

Nancy Brown said...

Great blog today, Sydney. I really enjoyed it. You are so honest and it does you well.