It's fun to play with the ingredients, adding raisins, applesauce, peanut butter, hemp seed, different kinds of nuts, etc. Its a little like a bowl of oatmeal that you can grab on the run!
- 3 cups oats
- 2 medium bananas
- just under 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 tsp salt or to taste
- 1⁄3 to 1⁄2 cup dates (pitted) - I substitute raisins or prunes
- 2⁄3 cup toasted almonds or any other nut you like (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional) - original recipe called for carob chips, I prefer chocolate!
- Mix oats and salt. Add olive oil and mix well.
- In a blender, mix bananas and dates until well blended and smooth. You can add a little brown rice syrup, maple syrup or honey if you want them sweet.
- Add banana mixture to the oats and blend well. Add nuts and chocolate chips if you like. Let stand for half an hour.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, form cookies (they will not spread or change at all with baking, so make them nice!)
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 min.
- SOME TIPS: You can add an extra banana in place of the dates if you like. Store in the fridge—they are moist and will mold quickly if left out. I warm mine in the microwave for about 15 seconds before eating. ENJOY!