Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Base to race

It was with a great deal of relief to discover this morning that my body was going to come around to the idea of training again. It seemed last week that in the three weeks off, it had decided to go on strike and never work hard again, let alone deliver any decent power.

However, this morning I could tell the necessary switches had been thrown and the program was going to do its magic, which is good since this weekend I'm meeting the mercy girls in Arkansas for 3 days of riding and camaraderie. I'll try and remember to take some pictures.

I think my first race this season will be the Pace Bend road race in TX. It's quite a drive, but this cold weather is wearing on my nerves and I need something to look forward to and think about while I'm trainer bound in the wee morning hours.

In other news, I'm completely swamped with non-cycling stuff.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Syd - great race. Full road width on a closed 6 mile circuit. Rolling hills.

Let me know when you will be in town and we can catch a ride or lunch or something.