Sunday, September 14, 2008

Pure inspiration



So Marc sent me a link to the women's 2007 world cup cross championship race. I guess he knew I needed some inspiration to get in the saddle and do the seasonal start threshold test. Must have done the trick, because I was short on time, so I spent the hour in the garage on the trainer. Really, I had to, if I wanted to be anywhere close to on time for the initial Farm Cross and Cowboy Cup course planning session.

Yep, you heard right. We're getting cross crazy out at Bennet and we're gonna have a couple of weekends. There'll be two categories: Joy and Glory. The Glory racers put out some cash and it gets paid back in percentages. E.g. 40, 30, 20, 10. The Joy Division races for fun and PCL-style schwag. For spectators there will be a little calcutta to make the event more interesting. If don't know what I'm talking about... you pick a racer you think will win and if that racer wins, you might make a little cash without going anearobic. Now that sounds like fun, no?

Oh, and don't forget to sign up for Cross Nationals at 12:01 AM. Sheesh. Got to stay up late on a Sunday night.

No comments: