Monday, June 30, 2008

Not much going on...

Right off, there's not much going on. No racing till the Omaha Cycling Weekend followed by a week of racing at Superweek come July 12-20th. Until then, I'm focusing on getting ready to move and just enjoying my bike a bit.

On that note, I picked up my Jandd laptop case for the racks on my commuter. It's a nice piece of equipment with locking hook mechanisms that give you little more confidence your expensive technology will ride safely. I have to say, I'm a Jandd fan. Every bag I've used from them stands up to hard abuse and works well.

I've also been using a nifty online service that takes your phone calls or txts and transcribes them into text you can route elsewhere. I use it to add events to my Google Calendar and items to my grocery list. Up next... being able to easily phone and have the trascription text'd to my sons. The service is Jott.com and it does tons of stuff. I've only begun to scratch the surface.

5 comments:

Marc said...

When you come across a service that can read my mind and jottitdown.com then I'll actually buy into more tech. Until then, every time i think of something I'll store it in my head.

The info that I think of using tech to store it with is in so many different places i need something to tell me where I've stored it. I'm staying with google to the end of time.

Hey, if your a google operative and want me to advertise for you I will . Read my forehead tat " I'm with Google to the end of time". I got a big cretin (a stupid, obtuse, or mentally defective person) forehead

Exercise builds brain power

sda said...

syd, i have a pair of jandd bags i bought when i was a senior in high school from deluxe bicycles. still going strong on the commuter. that stuff rules.

oldmanandhisbike said...

I will be in Minneapolis the weekend of the 17th through the 20th. Maybe if I can convince my wife to drive over, we will come see you race!
Good luck at all your races regardless.
That tech stuff hurts my head; I'll leave it to you youngsters! :^)

the mostly reverend said...

syd, you KNOW you're more than welcome to join me and my friends on ragbrai. best training EVER for racing the rest of the season--gets you all ready for cross season.

how will you know until you do it?

bryan said...

actually, Syd, I'm probably going to do at least the first day of ragrbrai, too. Since it starts reasonably close to Omaha, I may ride to the start, do the day and head home.