Saturday, April 12, 2008

Congestion and infection yields DNF


Got massively dropped by the women, masters, and cat 4s today. Felt fine this morning, but simply couldn't breath. Finally just DNF'd. Arriving back at the parking lot, I spoke with my folks between coughs. Mom recommended I go to LincCare and I'm sure glad I took her advice. Diagnosis: infected congestion in lungs, nose and ears. If I hadn't listened to her, I'd probably have been really miserable by Wednesday and lost the whole week training wise. Dr. says I'll feel like myself in a couple of days, but to finish the whole run of antibiotics.

7 comments:

Marc said...

There's two sides to that. Antibiotics will destroy good bacteria in your gut as well. You might want to start eating some foods that have "live" cultures in them after your done with your antibiotics.

Oh those little tiny unscene, but sometimes heard, gut bacteria. You should look into how important they are to your health.

Nancy Brown said...

I an sorry you had to DNF, but you will live to race another day!! I am sooooooooooo glad you saw a doctor. And Marc, we carry around about 4 lbs. of good and bad gut bacteria!!! Pretty amazing!!

Chris said...

I hope you feel better Syd. Just getting over an infection of another kind, I feel for you. Get well quick.

Marc said...

4 lbs, holy crap :)

bluecolnago said...

sometimes it's best to listen to mom's advice! get well!

oldmanandhisbike said...

Sorry about the DNF but hope your feeling better. Plenty of racing to come!

sydney_b said...

Thx all.

4lbs?!? That sounds like crazy talk. I'm not sure I even want to think about it very hard.