Monday, March 10, 2008

Like flocks of birds....

With daylight savings, rumor has it we'll be seeing brightly hued flocks of cyclists Monday through Thursday evenings. Stay tuned for details. So far, TeamFIRE has confirmed its Wednesday nite no-drop ride and so has UNL's Husker Cycling regarding its Monday no-drop ride from Blues Bike and Fitness at 33rd and Pioneers. I believe it starts @ 5:30 or 6pm. For those willing to flirt with the risk of riding home alone, show up Wednesday one block north of 33rd and South at 5pm for the Weds Worlds racer ride.

Can you say WOOOO HOOOO for more sunshine???! If anyone hears me grouse about the heat this summer, I want you to just kick my butt, right there.

5 comments:

bluecolnago said...

woooooooo hooooooooo!

oldmanandhisbike said...

I'm ready with the boot.
Oh, wait.
I have been bitching about the cold all winter, so that means I will need to keep my mouth shut too.
Damn.
Complaining always comes back to bite you, doesn't it? :^)

gravy said...

Blues is now called Bike Rack and Fitness, but it's the same peeps and the same store.

One Eyed z said...

Ah yes. Day light savings means that when I get home from work it will still be light out. Which means even if its cold I will be more motivated to ride than in the dark. HORRAY!!!

sorel top said...

I cursed the leap Sunday, but praised it last night when we went for a nature walk with the kiddos. At one point we saw 18 groups of geese and other birds. Two gray-haired biker "birds" from our house also enjoyed the late evening daylight despite grousing about it the day before.