Monday, December 03, 2007

Trainer Time


Spent a couple of days on the trainer this weekend and it wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. The trick is to have a specific workout you're doing and have some good tunes. On Saturday, I'd embedded cues to power changes into the audio tracks, so it was a lot easier to hit the marks. The other thing I like about the trainer and on which I'll probably focus this winter is the ability to keep a constant eye on the power meter and work on smoothing my spin and learning which body positions and cadences produce the most power for the least perceived effort. Got a little clue-in yesterday, so I think it'll be a good way to spend my time. Starting to think about the road racin' next year. Oh yeah! (Don't worry, I'm not forgetting about Cross Natz this month, but I am starting to remember how fun it is to zip down the asphalt on skinnies.)

2 comments:

Chris said...

Syd - you coming to Austin for the AT&T?

sydney_b said...

Calendar is not yet finalized for next season, but that's sure in our targeted regional zone, and heck, Austin is a fun place. :D Love to come down and see you all.