Wednesday, November 07, 2007

R-E-S-P-E-C-T the chill


Boy o boy, did I pull a dumb one last nite. I went to do my intervals and didn't put on shoe covers or grab my winter grade gloves. Don't know what I was thinking, but it was a big MISTAKE cuz by the time I was heading back towards town it was nearing 30 degrees F. I was switching hands on and off the bars and blowing into them to warm them enough to keep them from going completely numb. My feet were stinging. When I got home and they began to thaw every single nerve ending started pulsating. It was an exquisite level of pain nearly sufficient to have me vomiting. So, let my lesson be sufficient for you. Break out your cold weather gear. The time has come.

6 comments:

JuneBug said...

Yuk. Winter. ~ sigh.

Hope you got your toes back to normal.

oldmanandhisbike said...

If we must, we must.
Pain is a good motivational tool.
I purchased a new pair of Lou Garneau winter gloves for the Iceman. I will post my post-race impressions later.

bryan said...

I get my shoe covers out if it's below 50, mostly because I'm a wussy. I had my super-heavy gloves last night, too. 26 when I got home.

Adrian_O said...

I know the pain - same thing happened to me last year. Packed snow-late ride-had shoe covers and all but temps fell to fast to far and it took at least 20 minutes to get sensation back in my toes..i was really worried.

LoupGarou said...

Wait a sec...who was it that called me a pansy for complaining about the cold? hehehe

I can only imagine doing a workout in that cold, especially with no sun to help stave off the chill just a little.

sda said...

i've been riding in my winter northwave's twice already. rare for front range this time of year.