Monday, November 12, 2007

Gotta stick to more conventional ways of meeting people

Met a young woman today. She's nice, says she's very competitive and interested in racing her bike. I'd say she could probably do NASCAR being as I met her because she hit me with her car snaking round a corner at high speed. It was rather alarming for both of us, but fortunately my number wasn't up today. Instead of hood ornamentation, I t-boned the side. (Also very glad I was being attentive to my recovery day and not zipping down R street at my usual pace.) Have a sore wrist and the Badger is in for evaluation, but hopefully Brandi will come out and race her bike, then start riding it instead of driving. :)

8 comments:

Chris said...

Holy crap! I am so glad you are ok.

Neve_r_est said...

Quit that!

DG

Adrian_O said...

That is cool! Not that you crashed of course - glad you are ok. Cool that she'll maybe come out and ride.

Marc said...

It's part of the game. Don't ever make vehicles your enemy. Just be alert for them. Consider it sensory training. Keep all your senses on guard. Hear what's around you. See peripherally and straight ahead. Listen for the different sounds a vehicle makes as it approaches from any direction. React quick. That's one good thing about a bicycle is that you use all your senses. Keeps you young. Soon you will develop that sixth sense. All this might sound philisophical and deep but it's not. It's called being in tune with your enviroment. Dwell on the positive. Make it a positive.

oldmanandhisbike said...

"And once you can snatch the pebble from my hand, you are ready to leave, grasshopper."
(Being a smart@$$ again commenting on Marc's note!)
He is right though; you have to almost have a six sense while riding to stay out of trouble.
Damn glad to hear your OK!

Squirrel said...

Last time I t-boned a car it fucked me up good....damn straight we're glad your ok:) If you get hurt then you can't kick any more man ass for awhile....I wouldn't want you too disappoint me:) Marc your one cool mate bro:)

JuneBug said...

oooh. I am glad you are ok! Its your karma. You got good karma.
WHEW!!!!!!

gravy said...

It's a good thing I treat every day as a recovery day...

putt putt putt