Saturday, October 06, 2007

Surprises in the land o small trees



My sleep was interrupted last night just shy of 3 am.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Jess! I'm so naked!"

This sounds like its right outside my window despite living on the third floor, so naturally, being the sort that always has to go see... I get up and peer out the window. Sure enough, crouched by a small wrought iron gate are three figures, one still wrestling with a shirt.

Amused and wondering if this performance is perhaps for my eldest son's benefit, I relocate to the deck for a clearer view of the proceedings.

Shortly thereafter, "Omigod! Omigod! Omigod!" cuts through the silence. Immediately followed by shrieks and the flapping of bare feet on the sidewalk. Three naked rubenesque girls jiggle their way as fast as they can for about a fifth of a block.

Headlights appear on the horizon. The girls crouch along the fence behind a tree with a 4 inch trunk diameter. I wonder if they can hear me laughing.

They make their way back to the starting position, gather their things and make their way, still naked across towards my building. As they near my deck, I call down, "Very entertaining."

Silence. They run to the darkest shadow of the building, dress without speaking and disappear. I tell ya, you just never know what might happen out here where the trees are small, the shrubbery meatball shaped and the grass -- astroturf perfect.

7 comments:

JuneBug said...

Lookatdat Lookatdat.
Oh yeah they call him the streak....fastest thing on two feet....

haha!

funny story!

Chris said...

Sounds like a hoot Syd. Keep the nudie pics coming.:)

sydney_b said...

It was funny, June. I laughed and laughed. So silly I didn't even mind getting woke up.

Don't get yer hopes up, Chris. But u never know what's gonna appear here, tho I'd argue a streaker like this remains family friendly. In fact, I'd say it's quite a lot less risque than a lot of the commercials and TV shows on prime time.

Anonymous said...

Not work friendly!

Squirrel said...

This one time when I ate a bunch of silly mushrooms....oh I'll just tell ya sometime:) Streaking IS good fun:) Did you find a place to stay in Des Moines?

Peace

Dad said...

Woo Hoooooo...no wonder the boys want to stay at the apartment...nothin' like that in the country!

sydney_b said...

You know, that was the funniest thing. The night owls totally missed it and they think my blog is stupid and boring, so they don't come here either. :D