Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What's hiding in my garage?


sneakpeak
Originally uploaded by sydney_b.

Just a glimpse of things to come. My friend Dennis (http://nonconformcycling.blogspot.com/) built this and brought it to Lincoln Friday night. He says if speed's my thing, this'll give me a rush --- once I learn to ride it. I gave it a go Friday nite and couldn't balance for 10 ft. So I guess it's off to the insurance parking lot to learn to ride a bike for me. :) I did already buy some thick leather gloves, so when I put my hands down, I won' t tear 'em up.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Some of those recumbents can haul tail. Keep the rubber side down.

sydney_b said...

That's the idea. Gonna see just how fast this one will go -- once I learn how to keep it up and in motion that is. :D

The faring is under construction now. I'm sure that will increase the potential speed a lot, but it will also provide some crash protection too.

oldmanandhisbike said...

Road bikes and mountain bikes are not enough for you, aye?
Now you have to be the Queen of Recumbants! Are you intending to set a landspeed record with that? :^)

sydney_b said...

Don't know about that, but it's nice to have a variety of options. I've been curious about these recumbents for a while, so here's my chance to see what they're like.

oldmanandhisbike said...

I thought they were only for slow, old guys like me! :^)

JuneBug said...

NO. NOT a bent!!!


....actually I've never tried one. I am curious.
Let us all know how it goes!