Thursday, July 05, 2007

Thurs, the new monday....

Not really, but a vacation day in the middle of the week does make one wish it was the weekend, no? So, all I have today is a little entertainment.

An entirely different world view.....
Mauritania seeks to reverse 'fat is beautiful' ethos - International Herald Tribune: "Mauritania may be unique in the lengths it has gone to achieve its vision of female beauty. For decades, the Mauritanian version of a Western teenager's crash diet was a crash feeding program, designed to create girls obese enough to display family wealth and epitomize the Mauritanian ideal."

Push me, will ya?!!!
When I raced in Tulsa a woman shoved me in the hip and then attacked. No, I'm not making this up, Carrie called me later to confirm what she thought she saw. Here's the kind of bystander I needed .... watch the vid.

4 comments:

oldmanandhisbike said...

Not sure what to say about the "fat is beautiful" ethos controversy. Never heard of that before.
Sorry about your "push", but that's called rubbin' and rubbin' is racin'! :^)
The video is bogus; it is just too well orchestrated. But it would be nice to have a couple "guys" (gumbas) to watch out for you in a race!

Chris said...

HA! Crazy Euros

sailfish said...

A hip check is still better than a frame pump in the spokes. Consider it a compliment as she obviously considered you a threat.

monkeygirl said...

I was actually thinking she really misread you, that something like that would eliminate you as a threat, I hope you made her eat your dust. And if not, then next time.