Monday, July 09, 2007

Point Premium Root Beer International Cycling Classic: History

SUPERWEEK LOOMS................ Thought those of you who don't know much about it might like a little history. Altho I've got butterflies already, I'm excited about being part of such an event and racing with such a challenging field.

Point Premium Root Beer International Cycling Classic: History: "
The Point Premium Root Beer International Cycling Classic began as a single race at Milwaukee's Summerfest in 1969 and quickly expanded into a successful week-long racing series in the Milwaukee metropolitan area under the name Superweek."

6 comments:

Sean Weide said...

Enjoy the racing up there, Sydney. And remember, the races hardly ever start on time - so keep that in mind.

I officiated all 17 days of the event in 2003. It was quite an experience.

oldmanandhisbike said...

What is it with Milwaukee and root beer anyway? Although, you have to try some Sprecher's Root Beer Soda while your there! Not to be missed.
And if your looking to kill time between races, check out the Caletrava designed Art Museum; very cool.
What dates are you racing? Would be fun to take the ferry over and watch you in action!
Good luck and have fun!

sydney_b said...

I made a map with locations and dates: http://tinyurl.com/2lbf63

Would be super cool to meet you f2f! Art museum trip would also be nice, but I'm guessing I'm going to be wiped. Probably just race, eat and sleep. But, you never know. :D

oldmanandhisbike said...

I will be out of town from the 13 through the 17th, but I might be able to swing the weekend races (20-22). Let me check with my travel coordinator and see if I can swing it. It would be fun!

sydney_b said...

oh, that'd be perfect!

sda said...

thats sweet, "point premium international cycling classic".

i have an old t-shirt from the early nineties when fresca was the main sponser - the "fresca international cycling classic".

otto knows how to find those sponsers.