Friday, July 06, 2007

Google Earth and Smoots

One of the things I like about my job....

I get to play with software and one of my current assignments involves Google Earth, overlays, and logistics. In the course of researching this project, I learned about "smoots." As it happens, I am 1 smoot tall.

Smoot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "One smoot is equal to his height (five feet and seven inches -- 1.70 m), and the bridge's length was measured to be '364.4 smoots plus one ear'. Smoot repeatedly lay down on the bridge, let his companions mark his new position in chalk or paint, and then got up again."

7 comments:

Chris said...

Let me work that into a sentence:

"That chick is hot. Great body, about a smoot tall."

It does sort of roll of the tongue. :)

sydney_b said...

I think you got the new word down. :D See how many times you can use it today. That'll help solidly incorporate it into your lexicon.

Anonymous said...

Smoot me!

cominatcha

oldmanandhisbike said...

I am a smoot and 3/4. If anyone has measuring needs, I am willing to be rented out.
In other words, my smoot is available. ;^)

JuneBug said...

I am less than a smoot.

bryan said...

I am 1.10447761 smoots

the old bag said...

Great factoid!

I've always been a bit on the tall side: 1.0447761194 smoot here.