Sunday, June 24, 2007

Superweek, Gateway Cup & Team Revolution


Talked to Carrie Cash and it looks like June and I may get to race with Team Revolution for Superweek and Gateway Cup. This would be super cool for a variety of reasons:
  1. Revolution has a GREAT team vibe. The rapport among these women and the positive environment these women create at races and their events helps support and grow our sport.
  2. Both June and I can race with them. I felt bad that insisting on my position on the Badger issue messed up the plans June had for Superweek. Now, not only do the two of us get to race together, we get to be at least 3, since I don't know if Katie Weber will be there. If she and Mindy were there, that'd be a full-fledged team about. Thrills and chills!
  3. Carrie Cash knows about rodeo. I was a sissy barrel racer, but she was a roper. Guess that's why she did that MTB downhilling for a time. Yowza!
  4. St. Louis Revolution is an all-women's cycling club, committed to creating and supporting women in cycling. This is a mission I try to carry out to some extent here. Part of me is just sure there are so few women in racing and on bikes because they simply don't know how fun it is and of how much they are capable. So, the opportunity to support this effort in a couple of races excites me.
I'll keep you posted .....

5 comments:

VeloCC said...

Sounds like a great opportunity! Good luck!

Peter said...

Carrie and Chris are both awesome! Get ready to kick more ass.

oldmanandhisbike said...

Fantastic. Congratulations on finding a new "ride".
And good luck at Superweek with your "team"!

oldmanandhisbike said...

Syd: There are two great pictures of you at the Lumberjack 100 race site. One has your son and I assume your mom in it. Go check them out!

MG said...

RIGHT ON. Congrats on the Revolution opportunity Syd!

Cheers,
MG