Thursday, June 07, 2007

REJOINING THE LIVING

Whew. Almost feeling like myself this morning.
Missed the Early Bird Ride, but hope some other gals went
b/c the weather is perfect. Yesterday's evil wind seems to have taken a hiatus. I'm going to ride today - not hard, but maybe long. Hopefully this will prepare me for racing this weekend.

We're headed up to Norfolk and I'll be racing with the men's cat 3. It's kind of cool because this particular race marks the point in time when I decided to become a racer. Last year, this was the second road race I'd ever been in, I didn't have any clue. A few of the cat 4 guys (esp. Don R.) were kind enough to let me ride their wheels during the road race and told me where to be. I rode my steel Bridgestone RB1 to a near victory, until Morgan C. caught on the Kaos train and blew by me at the end. I also got out-sprinted in the crit and dusted in the time trial. Seems so long ago, but in reality it's less than 12 months. Still clear as day tho... being mad and frustrated at getting beat but resolving to study up.

The funniest thing is that by signing up with the boys, I've signed up to get my butt kicked again. Ha! But I've got my eyes on the upcoming Superweek (International Cycling Classic) in Wisconsin, Tour of KC, and the Gateway Cup in St. Louis. I want to stay immersed in aggressive packs where I have to push my limits to hang. I figure that's the best way to get ready to ride with the big girls (Superweek is NRC so there will be lotsa pros).

2 comments:

oldmanandhisbike said...

Sorry you missed your morning ride, but glad to see you've recovered from the plague.
Racing with Boys?
Aren't they going to be pissed when you blow by them for the win this weekend!

Chris said...

Glad you are feeling better Syd.