Sunday, May 20, 2007

Too nice to be cooped up in the trees

Slept all the way to 6:30 this morning.
Opted for road miles into wind and wide open spaces
instead of the twisty, rooty trails of Swanson.

Turned out to be a good choice. My legs were tired from yesterday's time trial and ridin' horses that evening. Wouldn't have had the necessary focus.

Speaking of the time trial, it was too bad more folks didn't show up. Norfolk always puts on a good event - great course and well run. I ended up first, but it was uncontested. However, time-wise, I wasn't too disappointed as I ended up 11th out of everyone that participated. Shoulda pushed it harder up some of those hills.

4 comments:

Sean Weide said...

It was windy, too...

VeloCC said...

Missed you at Swanson!

oldmanandhisbike said...

Cooped up in the trees is what I do when it's windy! Guess that's why I finish 59th. :^)
Congrats on your first regardless of the turn out.

VeloCC said...

just gotta be faster than the trees; then they can't coop you up:D