Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Not to harp... but ...

The importance of nutrition cannot be overstated
and part of good nutrition is understanding
how your body works. Pez has several good articles and the one below is a good primer.
-------------------
PezCycling News - What's Cool In Pro Cycling: "Every cyclist loves to eat, and half of the fun of cycling is in having a built-in excuse to eat in large quantities. What we put into our bodies before and during our rides, however, can have a direct impact on our performance and exercise capacity. The topic of sports nutrition is immense, but we’ll start with a primer on fuel utilization during exercise and the importance of carbohydrates."

5 comments:

LoupGarou said...

Before clicking on the link I was thinking to myself, "What does Pez candy have to do with nutrition?" Then I read the article. :)

Great article, thanks for the link.

VeloCC said...

So, does that mean, I can still have my plate of pasta without feeling bad about it? Martin always gives me a hard time and tells me, I am eating too many carbs....

Chris said...

I have really tried to pay attention to what I am eating. I have no doubt that it is important and know it makes a difference the day before and day of a race.

oldmanandhisbike said...

Guess that rules out me using Ribs as a post-race refuel food in the future! :^)
Thanks for being a spoiler.

sydney_b said...

I never understood the appeal of ribs. Seems like so much work and mess for so little meat.