Wednesday, March 21, 2007

PezCycling News - What's Cool In Pro Cycling

See... I told you I wasn't just making this up .....

PezCycling News - What's Cool In Pro Cycling: "
Toolbox: Positive Self-Talk
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 7:04:13 AM PT

There’s a conversation that goes on in your head while you’re riding, and it doesn’t mean you’re crazy. Take a look at it. Are you encouraging yourself? Worried? Beating yourself up? Self-talk can have a big effect on cycling performance. Increasing your awareness of negative self-talk and correcting it could become your most important mental skill."

2 comments:

gravy said...

But I'm still crazy if I hear Phil Ligget say, "And I think he's cracked."

Then Paul Sherwin chimes in, "Yes, whenever a bike rider looks down at his machine it's a sign that's he's bonked."

Then Bob Roll just yells, "Schmengies!!!"

oldmanandhisbike said...

I'm with Gravy; Phil Liggett is always saying to me "the elastic has snapped".
That and the mindless way very bad songs like Pilot's "Magic" (woo, hoo hoo it's magic, you know . . ) roll around my head on long rides. God I hate that!
Oh, and I swear a lot. But that is usually outloud.