Monday, March 26, 2007

David Butcher: Pedal Powered Generator - DIY Plans

Now, would you put miles on your trainer if it was the only way to fire up the TV? The video game console? Charge your iPod or computer? Those last two would get my workouts done no matter how tired I was -- probably. AND... would there be an obesity problem in the U.S. if you had to pedal to watch American Idol?

----------------
David Butcher: Pedal Powered Generator - DIY Plans: "'Power From The People!'

Every morning, I pedal to generate electricity. The Pedal Generator I ride charges batteries, that run an inverter, that produces 110v AC, that powers LED lights, the monitor on my computer, and many other small battery-powered things. It is the most inspiring workout you can imagine."

7 comments:

Neve_r_est said...

Cool, I had a friend ask me about this thought yesterday. Strange karma.

DG

Chris said...

Good idea. They should put those in fat camps for kids.

monkeygirl said...

I think these should come attached to game consoles, Emory is not too bad but some kids never see the light of day.

bryan said...

There's a new Fisher Price video game console that has a little bike attatched to it. Gotta pedal to make the game work. It's pretty cool.

sydney_b said...

Don't hold out on us Bryan. Where's the link?? I simply must get this for my niece and nephew. :)

Andreya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andreya said...

Hi Nice Blog .Setting the backlight to “always on” will significantly reduce your ipod batteries life. Only use the backlight when necessary.