Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Another dull day

So I'm driving home from work today, which was my first mistake. I should have rode in today same as always. Goodness knows I wouldn't melt in the rain.

Anyway, I'm driving home and am in the south lane where it narrows to a single lane there by Gere library. I have my blinker on to merge and this big black suv has opened the gap. I start to move into the gap to merge and the SUV surges forward to close it. But I'm already committed to action so I keep merging and he chickens first and I hear brakes and then a lot of angry honking. Being I have the window down it's rather convenient to use commonly understood sign language to let him know I think he's a jerk too.

We drive on. He tailgates. I drive the speed limit and let another car in front of me at 70th & VanDorn. He tailgates closer and follows me up Van Dorn. I turn into my complex, wondering if I've miffed off a neighbor or really have a jerk to deal with. Deciding to proceed as if it's the latter, I park in front of the office. After all, if he's going to get heavy on me, he might as well have an audience.

I slip off my coat so I can move easier and get out of the car and meet this pig-eyed dude in the lot dead center in front of the office doors. He tells me I drive like shit. I tell him he's the crappy driver being as he opened a gap and then charged forward. He calls me a bitch and squeals off. I try sign language again in case he didn't catch it the first time.

So yeah, don't lecture me about non-conflict. I know I'm smaller but bullies and jerks like that really bug me and I'm not going to take it like a scared little mouse. I should have just pulled my cell phone on him tho and got a picture so u all could see how ugly a face can get when it wears an attitude like he was sporting for 40 years.

Then I went for a bike ride with Kelly who teaches spin classes at the Y. She's a runner who really ought to be racin' bikes. That was fun and a nice way to finish yet another dull day in the life of sydney_b. :)

9 comments:

Chris said...

Syd - reading your blog made me thing of Angie Dickenson in that movie Big Bad Mama. Don't take shit from nobody! Good job.

bryan said...

thatta kid.

Neve_r_est said...

Stoopid cars. Stoopid people. Stoopid is as stoopid does?

Some people take their lives way too seriously.

DG

sydney_b said...

I was probably guilty of that a bit. I should have waved at him instead and then been friendlier at the confrontation. Maybe that would have been even more annoying. ;)

3p0 said...

oh well, things like that happen in life...

sometimes you flip the bird,

sometimes you smile and wave them on...

sometimes u locks go through the window and upside a head....

Neve_r_est said...

I found this thought in the comment box on slockwoo's LJ, I found it interesting:

"I too have chased down idiots in cars. Screaming at them is never satisfying enough as they don't care. Next time I'll likely do what a friend of a friend once did... He beat the motorist and then U-locked him by the neck to a parking meter and dropped the keys down the sewer."

DG

sydney_b said...

now that's something to fantasize about... next time some yay-hoo buzzes too close

Emily said...

or if they have the windows down, you could u-lock the doors together.

Sean Weide said...

If you would have been in Omaha, the guy probably would have pulled a gun on you.