Friday, January 05, 2007

Where o where can u be?


Hmm. I can't remember where I put my nano and it's so small, nearly as small as keys and a lot less noisy. I checked my bags - no nano. Maybe a coat pocket? How do you find things? Usually, I lay down, close my eyes and retrace steps. If that fails, I just look everywhere. Pick a likely room, move clockwise through it, open every drawer, peer under every paper and piece of furniture, etc. until the room has been completely searched and I always find the missing item in the last place I look*.

* My mom popped this one on me when I was really little and I remember contemplating it for sometime....Why might that be....? :D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

call woodman, he found my pedal after I lost it...

maybe he know's where your nano is.

don't you just hate loosing things.

sydney_b said...

Yes. I do hate it. I try to be organized, but it sure doesn't come naturally. Oftentimes I wish I had a google meatspace search ...
where I could just speak into the air, "Google, where is my nano?" Or, better yet, "Google, where do my socks hide?"

Anonymous said...

"your socks are behind the couch"

Byekin said...

Sidney, your mom is very wise -- I too have discovered that when I find a missing item it's always in the last place I look! (and yes I know why that is). Now I just look in the last place first :)

Anonymous said...

That's why I lay down, close my eyes, and retrace steps. Seems to get me to that last place sooner. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm missing a white Pearl Izumi headband. Hasn't been seen since about November. I'm gonna go lay on the floor now.

Anonymous said...

o man, Bryan, that's a long time to let it slip.... you're going to have to go into a deep trance. Maybe a hypnotist can help. :D

CC said...

Well, Socks get eaten by the sock-monster. There is not much you can do. Sometime you can lay out bait (e.g. husband's juicy sock) and hope they trade up... As for the Nano,hmmm. Martin would say, just relax. It'll show up again and he is almost always right!! How about putting a cow bell on it once you found it:)

Anonymous said...

Tradin' up, now that's a good idea. Here little socky moster, c'mer you hungry beast ... gotta stinky juicy sock for ya....

Anonymous said...

I don't miss that headband until I think about riding the trainer for a couple of hours. Bald heads, surprisingly, don't hold sweat well.