Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend snow ride, Monday weights




Whew. Saturday I got back out on the road for about 4 hours anyway. About 2/3rds of the way through it started to really snow so we ended up doing what amounted to a to just under time trial HR from Cortland to Lincoln. Legs were really whining later, but not so bad they couldn't spin at the Y on Sunday for a couple of hours, or operate the leg press in the weight room Monday morning. In any case, I continue to be quite pleased at how much more effective a specific and long-term training plan is compared to a more haphazard "work out every day and ride lots" approach. I think I'm physically stronger now than I've ever been and am looking forward to learning how to apply that to moving the bike forward. Get out 'n ride!

Oh, and why this pic? Well, one, I just like this dude's art, two, beauty is not just in the eye of the beholder, it's prolly in the eye of the beheld as well. e.g. If someone is confident and likes themselves as a person, they're probably going to be more likely to be friendly and reach out to others, which will make them more attractive regardless of how closely they approach the "ideals" put forth by Entertainment weekly or whatever. Anyway, thinking too much. Should ride more and keep cranking on the papers I'm writing.

(Jared Von Hindman's comment about his pic ... "I don't get Furries #2, watercolor & ink. I can't say that I came up with this idea. I went into a chat room and that's what started shaking it's goodies at me. Gah. Lesson learned: Don't go into a roleplaying chatroom out of curiosity. Ever.")

No comments: