Thursday, January 04, 2007

Off the wagon, on the wagon

So, during the holidaze I just gave up on calorie and nutrition tracking and simply tried not to binge. I mean there's so many tasty treats around that one might as well enjoy them. Today, I'm back on the nutrition wagon so take your leftover cookies, fudge, and other treats and keep them away from my desk please, please, please.

For those looking for the right wagon to get on .... again, I recommend sparkpeople.com and calorie-count.com as two free sites providing nutrition tracking. The former actually suggests menus and has lots of user support to help you reach your diet goals.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I wasn't the only one who was off the wagon. Yep, time to get back on. But first...did you ever make those yummy looking, minty chocolate bars? Just tell me they were terrible so I can stop thinking about them. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did make them and they were as wonderful as they always are. One batch. Once a year. lol.

However, with the boys getting so big, they disappeared rapidly and I mentioned to teh 13-year-old, "Maybe I should have made a double batch."

And with all the sarcasm and teen can muster he says, "Ya think?!" as he puts yet another in his mouth. Twas funny.

Anonymous said...

count callories, are you kiddin, I try to eat anything and everything I can. I'm just never hungry enough...

I'd love to gain a couple of pounds this winter,

seems my motabalizm doens't ever wana co-operate,

more food goes in,
more poop goes out...

Anonymous said...

I don't understand "I try to eat anything and everything I can. I'm just never hungry enough..." or, "I'd love to gain a couple pounds this winter." Want to trade metabolism? We're completely the opposite in this area!

sydney_b said...

no kidding, nicole, i think we need to kick cvo's skinny butt for even telling us about his 'problem' ... lol ... that being said, cvo, u might still benefit because you may not be consuming as many calories as you think or the right kind of calories.

Anonymous said...

:D

CC said...

I started using Sparkpeople and I am loving it:) I also hear rumors that it makes more and more friends up here in Omaha....we all want to be lean mean fighting machines:))

gwadzilla said...

if I could only control my urges