Sunday, December 31, 2006

Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Press Releases

Mars Exploration Rover Mission: Press Releases: "NASA's twin Mars rovers, nearing the third anniversary of their landings, are getting smarter as they get older"

Wouldn't describe myself as a 'space nerd' but I sure like reading about the rovers sometimes. They cheer me up. I remember whoopin' when they landed successfully and started their mission. Now entering their 4th year and seemingly going strong, I'm pretty amp'd.

Now it's off to the gym for a coupla spin classes since a long ride outside looks out of the question on this snowy New Year's Eve.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Syd. Enjoy spinning.

tc said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! love t.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year:):)!!

Peace

sydney_b said...

:) Let's make '07 a good one!

Anonymous said...

Would like to see the Space Shuttle take off some day. That would be sa-weet!

sydney_b said...

I would too, Adrian. A long time ago, pohl and I went down to FL to do just that, but the launch date was moved so we just did the tour thing. I was disappointed, but I guess that's the risk you take. Probably what was coolest was getting to see them putting together pieces of the international space station, then reading about that once they got them in orbit.

Anonymous said...

On said NASA tour ... we actually skipped the ISS part. I found the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo -- especially Apollo -- stuff fascinating. I think I dragged my wife around the Apollo building for hours. And we've seen (I think) four of the Mercury capsules in various locales.