Sunday, October 01, 2006

Training with HRM & Time

Been on my new program for a bit now and must to say having a clear plan is super nice -- 'specially when you're a little stressed or just not feeling as motivated as you might like. In these cases, looking at the calendar, seeing what you need to do and then just doing it is MUCH easier than having this kind of conversation with yourself:

"Well, time to go ride."
"where we goin'?"
"I don't know, where do u want to go?"
"Roca Rollers?"
"I don't feel like that one ..." and so on and so forth.

Instead, having a plan like .... 2.5 hours with 60 minutes of HR (heart rate) between 150-155 focusing on smooth, fast spinning -- not only makes getting out on blustery days like today easier, it also helps me tweak my program more efficiently in response to progress or the lack thereof.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so did u design your training plan or what? im in the middle of the book and have started planning my prep period, but it seems like its going to take forever to design it. how'd u go about doing it?
amanda