Monday, September 04, 2006

Sitting out today

Today I'm a gonna watch and learn. Once I got the skin suit off yesterday, I learned the damage was a lot more than I reported yesterday and I sure felt it this morning. Despite ice, there's quite a bit of swelling in the left hip and right elbow and the symmetrical hip scrapes are pretty darn uncomfortable. Also, feeling the bruises from getting hit by other bikes (ribs and back). So, I decided I'd had enough for this weekend and am going to cheer for my Iowa friend Amanda and watch the speedsters kick some butt.

Even tho this weekend didn't go as I planned - thot I'd do four races - the experience has been tremendous and I'm setting St. Louis as a peak race for next year along with Tour of KC. Amanda says there's a good one over Memorial day that she's going to email me about, so I'm gettin amp'd for 07 already. :)

14 comments:

Farnasty said...

u rok

podunk said...

Yikes. Must be pretty bad if you're opting to sit & watch something. Hope you heal quickly.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for cheering! Hope you heel up quickly (even though the season is basically over). It still sucks to be off the bike!
-Amanda

3p0 said...

congrats on racing, and on your finish... and I hope you heal quick.

mg said...

sorry to hear about your fall syd. it sounds like the weekend had some weird stuff going on -- you were probably wise to sit the race out monday.

hope you're feelin' better soon.

adrian said...

You will heal up in no time. Glad you are OK.

KimC said...

You're tuff! Heal fast!

Sean Weide said...

Get well soon. And don't think about going anywhere for Memorial Day. The Monumental Memorial Stage Race in your own backyard (Beatrice) is a first class event.

sydney_b said...

thank you all for your well wishes. I rode down to work today and no pain. it's actually worse to sit at my desk (go figure.) lol.

It was a great time and I'm so looking forward to next season and esp. a redo @ St. Loo.

:D

gravy said...

I was just about to say "Where were you on last nights blues trek?" But I didn't go either...

But some good news: The pile of donuts remains, and somebody added a soft drink.

Anonymous said...

Ice, ice and more ice--use arinca and calendula essential oils for healing on any wounds.

Surlymojo

adrian said...

A shrine of some sort?

Anonymous said...

Uh, no...heals bruises and decreases inflamation. But, if you're the type to make shrines, go for it.

Surlymojo

sda said...

so what'dja learn? how to take pictures of hula-hoop signs? ;)