Thursday, September 21, 2006

Healing nicely

4 tidy stitchesSorry 'bout the blur but my phone camera doesn't do close-ups well.
The between the fingers tear is healing nicely I think and I've opted to do w/o the bandage today. Just sticking with tape. The 4 stiches are on the front even though the tear continues to the back of the fingers. I'm thinking keeping the two fingers taped till it heals is a good idea. Hope the rain isn't keeping everyone off their bikes. I'm riding MG's loaner today and at caves if it doesn't get rained out.

9 comments:

monkeygirl said...

yes that does look a lot better.

gravy said...

Ack!

mg said...

it does look better. for as bad as it is, it's located in a good part of your hand for still being able to ride.

i hope you'll need that bike... but the radarrrrrr isn't encouraging. if they have the race and it's muddy, you have full license to get that thing as dirty as you can get it. don't hold back. that's what that bike is for.

see ya' saturday, hopefully.
mg

cominatcha said...

I knew i should of held out eating my marie callenders beef tip portabello din din till i was past this site.

Matt said...

are you going to take out your own stitches?

sydney_b said...

cominatcha -- that'll teach ya

matt -- of course. that's what i always do. costs too much $$$ to go in just to have someone pull a few loose threads. :)

Matt said...

that's the only way to do it, but your not as hard as tilford. i heard he actually does all his own stitches from his mtb days when he would get cut. now that's a tough one.

sydney_b said...

lol. Matt, I'm hoping I don't have to develop such expertise as that. Altho, i did try to watch the dr carefully. I mean, the way she tied the knots so neatly. If one was out in the boondocks, u'd want to know that stuff, right?

fob said...

Here's an article about mr. tilford's suturing skills. At least he uses a local anesthetic...