Saturday, August 05, 2006

Posting weirdness

Well, I see some of my posts didn't come through. In short, I am sitting a solid second and Morgan Chaffin has a humonguous lead after her blistering time trial. She also managed to beat me and Marie Neville in the road race by a good margin. I have to do much better tactically if I'm going to hang with her in a race.

Tomorrow's crit is in downtown Norfolk and has eight 90 degree turns. We're riding with the cat 4 men so it ought to be interesting. I'm very tired and will probably crash by 8:30 or so.

It wasn't all work though today. Several of us really got to giggling as the time trialists started suiting up. They truly look like space aliens when they're all decked out in the skin suits, strange helmets and modified bike setups, but it makes a difference. I was told the most timetrial bang for the buck is a set of areo (sp?) bars. So, if I ever want to do more than simply endure these particular stages, maybe I'll have to look into that.

4 comments:

podunk said...

these aliens?

Sean Weide said...

Too bad you didn't win that aero bar print sprint in the criterium...

sydney_b said...

yeah. would have liked those. didn't realize that one started. My friend Janna said she was going to shout out what it was, but she opted not to distract. oh well.

sydney_b said...

p0dunk, yes, kind of like that, 'cept the time trial helmets don't have the spine things. The look is smooth

time trialistMatching alien