Sunday, August 27, 2006

Heart Rate Monitor (HRM)


Woo hoo! I can finally run my Sports Instruments HRM to some degree. As some of you know I have whined and cussed to no avail for almost 3 weeks for want of being able to enter my Lactic Acid Threshold info (LAT) info and start really putting this tool to use in my training. Today, I had a breakthrough. I gave up. I went to the website to sift through pages of marketing info in a sure to be vain attempt to locate someone to help me. However, I am happy to report that I had the info I needed in two clicks. First on the "support" tab, then on my model. Viola. The manual was deficient and they'd published an update. I read it. Put in my data and practiced using the features. Look out world! I too, now know what you're talking about when you say, "...eighty-percent for 40 minutes..."

4 comments:

Sean Weide said...

I wish I had one of those fancy Citcal Dicas.

cominatcha said...

That's great that you linked lactic acid. Everyone should read that and understand, "Lactic acid is your friend". Alot of people can ride their bikes, or race a bike, but not understand the true physiological happenings that occur. It's actually more important to understand how you work than how your bike works. There's alot of good riders around here that could be alot better if they took the time to understand how they work. This is an excellent example of something that athletes misconsrew. We think of trying to avoid lactate when we should embrace it as the point where true training begins. DONT BE AFAID OF SCIENCE.

Farnasty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Farnasty said...

YEAH SCIENCE!!!!
YEAH HRM!!!!
YEAH POWERTAP!!!!
YEAH RACING!!!!