Thursday, August 03, 2006

Happy birthday to me ...


Yesterday was my birthday, but it didn't feel like it because it was cloudy, so I feel more celebratory today. Me and sun. That's the way it ought to be. I made myself a fine breakfast (walnut banana pancakes with peanutbutter and honey plus a double-mocha-soy over ice) and jumped curbs and whatever else was in the way of the Karate Monkey all the way downtown. 'Twas lots of fun. Tonight, going to see my little niece whose birthday is really today and who has agreed to share her birthday dinner with me. Can't think of a better way to spend an evening. Make it a great day - or not - it's your choice.
:)

11 comments:

gravy said...

Are you fishing for celebratory comments? Okay, I'll bite.

Hopping Belated Birthday!

sydney_b said...

arggg. busted. is it that obvious? ;)

lol. thank you sci~fi. expect to see you on the next ride.

monkeygirl said...

and I will jump in too, happy birthday, no really, let me try again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ah yes much better.

Beerorkid said...

you so gotta go to applebees for the singing, oh and davinchis will feed you for free (pasta = carbs), oh and happy BDay

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I will think of you while consuming a beverage in your honor, okay?

sydney_b said...

good tips, beerorkid. i"ll keep these in mind. goodness knows i love my carbs. monkeygirl and sarah - Thank you! Enjoy the weather today. Can you believe how nice it is?!!

adrian said...

Now this calls for extra large margaritas!!

podunk said...

When I first learned about your birthday, you told how you were born before midnight on the 1st, but the certificate was signed after midnight on the 2nd. Now you're stretching it out to the 3rd. Soon every day of the year will be your day.

sydney_b said...

Are you saying it's not??? (Anya and I talked about this and we figured we didn't mind sharing 365 days as princesses)

mg said...

happy belated birthday syd.
mg

bluno said...

oh happy day (late (or two))!