Friday, July 28, 2006

hyper-competitive? moi?

OK, so maybe p0dunk has a point about the overly competitive thing ... this morning I'm on the SS Waterford making my way to work and a cute shirtless college kid on a Bianchi San Jose makes a point of passing me. I pull up to him at the next light and he tells me he went 25 miles yesterday and his legs are sore. I compliment him on his mileage, the light changes, and I spin it up high to see if he still wants to play drag-race. Nope. He drops off. Probably had to turn and go to class thinking he met a total weirdo on a bike. Oh well. I hate being passed and I sure need the sprinting practice if I'm going to do this racing thing, so it all works out. Happy peddling. :)

4 comments:

gravy said...

I remember seeing your bike going west on R heading to the lights on 17th. I was like, "Yeah, I could go up that little hill and make the light and catch up to that bike. But then I'd get dusted when I got there." I coasted and gladly yielded to the red light.

sydney_b said...

lol. sheesh. you shoulda come on up and introduced yourself.

gravy said...

"Hello. I'm slower than you."

sydney_b said...

i hereby resolve to pedal a more leisurely pace to increase the odds of meeting cool folks like u sci~fi.