Sunday, July 09, 2006

Checked out the "Big South Loop"


Today a friend, who's prepping for the Tour of Puerto Rico in September, and I checked out the "Big South Loop" and it's a good one if you're wanting to get some road mileage. Over the course of 120 miles or so, you'll get a variety of hill types and good sparsely traveled roads, except for Hwy 77. We road on a Sunday, leaving at 5:30 am and arrived back in Lincoln 5 minutes after noon. We had 6 hours of riding time plus two 15 minute stops at Syracuse and Beatrice. As a newbie, I felt better after this ride than other long ones I've done, mainly because I took much better care of my energy needs, eating and drinking what and when my partner did. Went through 4 Clif bars, one Clif Shot, can of Red Bull, and 2 big things of Gatorade to replace the water in my bottles. He even let me ride his carbon Felt for 12 miles or so and it was pretty darn sweet.

5 comments:

c_c_rider said...

120mi? ugh..

sydney_b said...

Lovely Nebraska countryside and only one farm dog abmitious enough to inspire me to sprint away.

Cornbread said...

Damn, that's some serious miles. You're making me feel lazy. Stop.

sydney_b said...

Lol. You're welcome to ride along, cornbread. :)

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY!
Vacant land + windsor ca http://www.domain-registration-1.info/Host-domains.html Two feet holdem what neurotransmittors does concerta effect shreveport search engine optimization Wives interracial Fluoxetine celexa Wood finishes for kitchen cabinet side effects of adderal concerta ritalin