Monday, May 29, 2006

65 miles on a fixie? Why not?




So, my friend, Erin, agrees to go on a long ride with me on memorial day. Only catch? All she has are fixies. No problem I say, I'll pick a gear and hold it. We load my bike with water and set off. She at 44/16 and me at 39/15. We have only one flat, maintain a good clip, and have a great time. The route is a good one and I'll surely ride it again, although it might be nice to have something a little more scenic than Hwy 77. That being said, 77 has some nice sloping grades, especially the downhill back into town.

6 comments:

c_c_rider said...

you chicks rock

mw said...

what was the route exactly? at least 77 has an ok shoulder.

sydney_b said...

mw, click on that map at the top. You can zoom in and see the hiways.

3p0 said...

I hope you don't mind me putting up a link,

very nice..

gravy said...

I did that Eagle-Palmyra route.

Those hills in the wind... ouch.

And those bridges, they got the logs in the wrong direction.

I got a bunch of honks on highway 2 on the way back. I can't believe how many people were supporting me.

sda said...

77 south to philly road, then east over to the south/backside of adams. over towards bennet road. back to highway too.

philly road is a classic. single asphalt pour (like a really wide golf cart path) no center line. rolls over the original hills instead of flattened hills like most highways.

gawd i miss riding around lincoln. so many options.

yup.